24 January 2010

Look at me

The old murals are a classic Copenhagen sight. Some are giving way to the developing real estate market, but others survive squeezed in between buildings. "Odeon" was a movie theatre that closed for business back in 1958. I often wonder exactly what it is that makes these huge advertisements not annoy, but please you.

Could it possibly be that it is refreshing to have something pitched to you with one: no scare tactics, and two: no sex? The difference between then and now, is much like that of a polite man asking "may I show you something interesting", and a sugar high five year old screaming "look-at-me-look-at-me-look-at-me".






1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely correct. I prefer the vintage!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)