28 March 2010

About time

It is official: spring has sprung. And I am not talking about how we have been messing with the clock today, or how the ever patient eranthis and snowdrops have arrived, because they have, or the fact that we have lost the fuzzy layer of clothing, so necessary just a month ago... This morning I brewed myself the very first glass of iced coffee. And with that I am ready to go through my wardrobe and dig out the lighter layers. For now comes the season when most of us miss the target and dress too warm or too light, catching that seasonal cold, the other sure sign that spring has arrived. 

I know you read this from different places in the world (but not from Osterbro, after yesterday..), and spring may have been around for a while. Do you see the signs yet?



Latte ice, extra ice, to go.


10 comments:

  1. i;m sad to say that we had a false spring start, and we are back to cold here in ny. i think it's more than i can take, as the cold has had an early start this last fall. i'm still drinking hot coffee and tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, it was only last week I spotted bare feets in sandals on the girl in New York over at the Photodiarist. It did seem strange, global warming aside, this time a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not here in Melbourne has we head full speed toward Winter.~ian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ian,
    How funny to hear from the other side of the world. We long for light and heat here, I guess it is your turn to keep winter occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spring has left again it seems here in the UK. So my main sign is tiredness from the lost hour. Do you really drink iced coffee in the morning? Sounds terribly brave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, the lost hour, I am still on winter time. I think the reason I have been jumping the gun on the ice coffee is because I have some fresh bone china straws I really had to put into use. Coffee is my friend. Hang in Sabine, spring is heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopped over from Easy Street. Went to Cph last summer and loved it; can't wait to go back. I'll be back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary,
    Ah, Easy Street, Mrs E's blog, how cosy. It always makes me happy when someone had a good experience in Copenhagen. It really is the place to be in the summer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hej! we are just coming from Spain to visit coh, could you tell me where is this flea market?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Anonymous, I think you may have left the same question for me in two separate posts. I have answered it in the latest. hi from Sandra

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)