18 May 2010

Macro magic

This location has been a health food spot since the 1970s, when it was named The Sunflower. Today it is called Pure Food, and the owners on an estimate date the flowers back to the early Sunflower era. I am powerless: it is always the details that suck me in. If I was a camera,  I would be stuck on the macro lens. The danger is obviously to miss the bigger picture, and I often wish that I could spot people the same way, but it is not a choice really. That is just the way it is. For me it is a big day when I discover wet, ceramic flowers planted in the pavement. Having never not been me, I have no way of knowing if it is just beautiful in my head, or if it really is utterly fantastic...











5 comments:

  1. to me it seems like a pretty and awesome curiosity. how did they do that? is it only these 2 tiles or are there more? so many questions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Carole, it is only these two tiles, in the pavement in front of the stairs of the shop. I have been trying to wrap my head about the practical stuff too, and I think they may have cast their own tiles, with the handmade flowers inside (like a kind of mosaique, filling in the blanks) and then replaced the existing ones. Maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's utterly fantastic. The flowers are so beautiful and your macro view shows their special charme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to know it is not just in my head. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it :)
    Det var hyggeligt at støde på dig igår på Bakken!
    Jeg linker til din blog, som har mange lækre ord!

    Bedste hilsner

    http://louilicious.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)