17 June 2010

Summer magic

On my way to one of those summer evening events yesterday, I passed by a small gathering of men mesmerised by someone I immediately recognised as HC Andersen. I know, he's been dead a couple of 100 years, but I tell you it was him. I don't know where he came from or where he was going, and it seemed wrong to ask him such inappropriate questions, so I just took in the magic of the moment, and caught a few shots of him from a distance. He was telling the guys stories, and they were like a group of children, applauding at the end of every story. HC was taking it in stride, and when I came around the other side to get at picture of this face, he looked in my direction and said: "I am not here". Real Copenhagen summer magic. 








As timing would have it, Mikael from Copenhagen Cycle Chic has made a really cool site with a time machine taking you through the life of HC Andersen, you should give it a try (just hit the time machine button when you get there).


5 comments:

  1. Det er Kaare R. Skou i forklædning :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eller er det HC Andersen forklædt som Kaare R. Skou forklædt som HC Andersen? Vi lader billedet stå et øjeblik...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i love HC Andersen. i never thought of him as Danish though. funny how you take things for granted. he was just this fabulous author to me, so fabulous it had never occurred to me he had a nationality. Of course he must be national treasure to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him too, and I think you are right, he really is bigger than his nationality, he belongs to the world. But the fact that he was (is, haha) Danish makes me so proud. Funny, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great guy! He doesn't even look like fresh from the grave ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)