11 July 2010

Greetings from a boiled brain

We are in the middle of a heat wave here, and it is seriously affecting my ability to think straight. It is too hot for words, and I wonder if it is also too hot for reading blogs? Is there anyone still out there? On my way to the beach yesterday, I stopped by the flea market. It was not a pleasant experience in this punishing heat, but like any religion it must be attended to come rain or come shine. I got an old bleached photo album with family photographs dating back to 1912, that turns out to be from a former Danish minister of defence. I was too overheated to learn which, but his entire journey was there in pictures, private and official. It made me think about how he probably at the time must have felt like a part of history, that his legacy would live on. And now his childhood photographs is for sale a stone throw from his former kingdom. Life is cruel. But also good.

Birger, Carsten and Arne, Tisvilde 1914
(double click for an extra large view)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)