24 December 2010

Jul

Well, I can tell you this about the Danish jul this year: it's white. We have so much snowfall that some people are stuck in their houses, unable to join their families for the celebrations. The jutlanders have left the city, and only the hard core remains (hi). Some go out after dinner tonight, to meet up with old (younger) friends, there are not a lot of places open, but those who are, are always packed. I went one year and half of the people I talked to were living abroad, and just here for the family jul. There is nothing like talking to new and interesting people to kick the jule blues (actually talking to you helps too).

Although I don't celebrate jul, there is one thing I never ever miss: the Disney jule show on TV. Is it the same in every country in the world, I wonder? I know that the Swedes have it too. Every year it is the same, only with a couple of highlights from the new productions. But it is the old stuff that gets me. The cricket (Jesper Fårekylling, oooooohhhhh you kill me, I LOVE YOU), and the dogs (Lady and Vagabonden) and the chef yelling at Tony, and Donald Duck (Anders And) and the kids (Ungerne, Rip, Rap and Rup)... it is on in about an hour. Then there is unpacking to do, because my sweet friends have surprised me with presents, and then I go to eat and drink the mother of all jule dinners with some good friends. That should take care of the jule blues for today at least (two more days to go).

I hope you eat well, and get lots of love and have a merry fantastic day.


Max von Sydow says "skål!"

(rinse and repeat)


10 comments:

  1. Glædelig jul Sandra.

    Kh Mofling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tusinde tak, og glædelig jul til dig også Mofling. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tusind mange gange glædelig jul. Håber, du nyder en dag iklædt et hvidt lag og proppet med hygge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hej Linda, hvor hyggeligt! En rigtig glædelig jul til dig også :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ Have fun! forget about the blues... ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. :-) Me and Max (von Sydow, haha) have it figured out. It's going to be just fine. I'll put on a beatiful dress and have a crazy nice dinner. This may actually turn out to be the least horrible jul I have ever had, yay! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra...I'm sending you large amounts of Jul love for putting so many smiles on my face throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mook, that makes me so happy to hear. :-) Love back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glædelig jul, Sandra!
    Thanks for your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Celena, rigtig glædelig jul to you too. And thank you for reading. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)