The seven stages of dealing with 15+ moving boxes of shrapnel from your past:
1. Bring it on. I can do this.
2. Unpacking with a smile on your face, see: this is not hard at all. I can do this.
3. First round down/in the garbage. I need a drink. I need to cry. I need to choke someone to death.
4. I need a drink. Second round in the garbage ...can't ...breathe.
5. Writing the overdue post, rewriting it, re-rewriting it. Posting it. Deleting it again.
6. F*ck triage, it all goes in the dumpster. ALL OF IT!
7. The stage of believing that you are in the clear, and that none of this crap will come back to haunt you. The stage of thinking there are only seven stages. I need a drink!