13 October 2011

Amsterdam, part two

It is weird, but raving about Amsterdam makes me feel like I am cheating on Copenhagen. Still I can't move on to my favorite city (yes, it is you Copenhagen, breathe) before showing you the last of the best. Darkness have set in here, it is glove season again and for the next six months there is not going to be enough daylight to take all the pictures I want. I may need you to remind me along the way that there is light at the end of the tunnel. 
Okay, moving on to the last of the latest. Amsterdam, part two:


Remember who you are, by Chase. 


"Yellow cab", if you can't make it, fake it. I love this so much.


This building rocks. Understated and flashy at the same time. Moving closer:




When it comes to street art I am developing a craving for something more than stenciled work. Free hand drawing is good, and three dimensional pieces like this one:

Textured street art

Weird is good.

And just so you don't get the wrong impression: the trip was not just a fairy tale, it was raining most of the time, but I am so on top of that. Lots of practice from home, remember?








Next stop: Copenhagen.



2 comments:

  1. Love the little modern gargoyles and the "smoking" drawing. We have less and less light here too compared to the US. When I get up in the morning it's all dark and I know soon I'll go home with darkness too. Really, I was not missing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dark is a killer, I am dreading it already. On the bright side fall is exceptionally beautiful here this time around, with crazy colored light and lots of sun. My batteries are charging like there is no tomorrow. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)