20 October 2011

Wizards of odd

It has only been a week since I declared my newfound preference for "weird" and different street art, and it is already popping up in the most unexpected places. For it to be truly weird, the medium must stand out, and it can't be about looking pretty. It is not asking for your approval, but it demands your attention and it makes you stop and think. "Moss Couture" took the place of the beautiful Miss Take piece in Westend (heartbreak), and it is not entirely pleasing to the eye. Despite that, much to my surprise I find that I appreciate it.


Moss Couture.








If you thought this was weird.. prepare for the next level:





Hahaha, why is this so good?

10 comments:

  1. Because it catches your attention and makes you smile :)

    Reminds me a little bit of a very strange version of The Little Prince's planet, with naked women :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shit. remember we talked about moss grafitti?! they beat us to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dave,
    I have only heard about The Little Prince, but now that you compare it to crazy-weird-good, I may have to look into it.

    And Mikael,
    my fellow procrastinator, haha. We must act out a few plans once in a while, just for the kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/05/Littleprince.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! (ja ja amarOrama fører sig frem på engelsk nu)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, Saint-Exupery (who wrote The Little Prince) is probably my very favorite author ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Dave, I love old children's book covers ♥

    Det er godt Miss Orama, bare bring det. (man kan godt komme lidt til at savne at føre sig frem på dansk..)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually really do like the moss one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Barbie doll "ship" is totally warped but fabulous at the same time! It reminds me of Dr Seuss' "Horton Hears a Who"....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love the weird barbie set. I thought of Horton like Celena. Would have liked making it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)