22 November 2011

Æ Ø Å

I recently re-read the immigrants poem, I found in a backyard last year. At the time I thought it was sad, but after reading it again, I now see it differently. Like the writer actually appreciates the opportunity to drift unseen. So strange. Today I came across another souvenir from an immigrant. It might even be the same person?

Æ Ø Å

Æ, Ø, Å, the last letters of our alphabet, unpronounceable to most if not adapted at an early age. Reads: Æ... rlighed (honesty), Ø... velse (practice), Å... penhet (open-mindedness). I think it is in Swedish, or maybe Norwegian? It is not often you hear foreigners here rave about being one, even Danes harp on other Danes for being unwelcoming, so I find this one quite refreshing.

Copenhagen glass recycling bin

It is stenciled on a glass recycling container, and as I walked around the other side, sure enough there was an addition:


Are you kidding me?

Hahaha.

3 comments:

  1. Norwegian! They use the Æ, but the Swedes don't. Very cool text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Æxcellent, my friend, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for clearing that one up, Mikael! :) Thought they used the Ä like the Swedes...!

    Then I don't think it is the same stencil artist as the one last year, Sandra.. Because the one last year looks Swedish i.m.o.

    Great stencils with important meaning.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)