17 January 2012

Get lost

Get lost. I can't recommend it enough. And I mean that in the nicest way possible, of course, haha. It's just a matter of making space for surprises, allowing for time to be "wasted". Although it never is. Not really. If you live by the sea, you may take long walks on the beach. Living in a city, the landscape is urban, but it is the same sense of peace and belonging. I think well in laundromats, I relax riding my bike wherever it takes me and I enjoy drifting and getting lost in the backyards of Copenhagen. 

If I didn't, I would have missed this precious strip of art vanishing in a backyard on Nørrebrogade. It smells like something from the 60s or maybe 70s? I am trying really hard to come to terms with the fact that it will be gone by spring. Practicing the "oh, well, that's life". Not quite there yet.



Is that a top hat blowing off the little guy on the roof?


Stuff like this just makes me so happy.



6 comments:

  1. Gone how? Are you moving?

    I know the feeling. I took a detour on my sunday jog and ended up here - http://www.sund-debat.dk/voksenlegeplads-nv/

    Realised I havent gone in that direktion for quite som months now. I didn't even see the change coming! And there it was - and very inspirering too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no, I plan to stick around, but the piece will be destroyed when they re-do the wall. I talked to one of the workers, and they are not instructed to protect it. Good thing I caught it before it was too late, at least.

      Superkilen is looking good, I can't wait to see it when it is all done. :-)

      Delete
  2. Things like that should be saved just like Giottos frescos etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. And I understand that we can not preserve everything (we must allow room for the new too), but I think too many of these small traces from our past are dismissed as not important. Maybe someday in the future, fifty years from now, someone will read about this soon-to-be-lost little gem, and yell out in frustration?

      Delete
  3. This is super cute. And refreshing. Yes it should be preserved because there must be only a few left from that period. It seems we have nothing like that in Paris.
    One fantastic city to get lost in is Venice (in Italy, I don't recommend getting lost in Venice California hahaha, it would be a painful endless walk/ride). In general (except for NY) getting lost seems better in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and getting lost without your camera pretty much works the opposite, haha. I would love to see Venice sometime. Come to think of it, it has been too long since I have been to Italy...

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)