10 February 2012

Copenhagen on the rocks

It never fails: every year at this exact time, I wish that I owned a pair of ice skates. My inner grown up votes against it of course, as you can only really use them for such a short time, and for the rest of it they just take up precious space. Even as I write this, I recognize what a lame argument that is. And besides, since when did my inner grown up run my life? I urgently need to get my hands on/feet in a pair of ice skates. Now is the time:



This part of the lakes were just cleared for access by the city the other day, and it is crowded with people already, at all hours.

Copenhagen on the rocks

The other side is not cleared yet, but just today I saw a father drag his two small kids across it. Some people you just can't reach...



Gold

Fire and ice.

I love Copenhagen on the rocks.


4 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I ice skated once in my life when I was 14 and it was in England. Of course there is nothing like that in France.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget that this is not normal to everybody. It is good to be reminded that it is special (the more reason to get those ice skates, and take full advantage). People are skating only two minutes from my front door, and here I am typing on my computer, haha.

      Delete
  2. I walked by the same place on Saturday! I saw these little boys playing hockey (they could hardly stand); it was so cute it almost made my little canadian hockey heart explode :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all turn into kids again, on the ice. So cosy.:-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)