01 February 2012

Here we go again

If you are still around, it means you were not spooked by a post without words. That is good to know these days, when everything including my vocabulary is frozen. I'm telling you, it's Siberia here. It is also strangely affecting my camera, only a year and a half in, refusing to operate under any kind of humidity and/or subzero conditions. Unless it feels like it. I am now at the point where I feel unbelievably grateful when it works. I was especially happy when I succeeded in catching my own shadow.


No snow in the streets, but don't let that fool anyone, brrr.




Greed:

Hoarding

Generosity:

Art for the street



And I feel like I say this all the time, but: it's fashion week in Copenhagen again (only in fashion will you call three days a week). Every time I keep waiting for someone to do something different. Maybe I am waiting for the newly hatched generations of designers, or even the design school rejects to rebel somehow, take the streets, or... something. In a move to preserve my sanity (and not slip into a coma, and die of boredom) I am going to bring my own goodie bag to Copenhagen fashion week tomorrow. Maybe nobody will notice, maybe someone will get really pissed off, maybe I will feel alive and exited. I will let you know how it turns out.



12 comments:

  1. Spændende med modeterror.

    Fandt du det lille, forskræmte hoved inde i city? Jeg så nemlig noget lignende den anden dag. Men opgav at knipse, fordi det bare var alt alt for KOLDT at tage vanterne af.

    I øvrigt strejker både iPod og kamera i frostvejr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det lille forskræmte hoved, haha, ja det bor inde i byen. Og det ER for koldt til at tage vanterne af, men man kan jo ikke ramme dyret uden. Når det altså virker, argh.

      Delete
  2. Posts without words are great! Why would we leave because you showed us a bunch of beautiful photos? :)

    I love that photo of the tall grass.

    Good luck with fashion week!

    Here's a return silhouette for you :)

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/poetas/4563239891/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that nice silhouette :-)

      I have to go and add the finishing touches to my fashion week contribution now, haha. So funny, I can't wait.

      Delete
  3. Ahh smukke billeder Sandra!
    Glæder mig til at høre om dit lille goodiebag projekt :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, mange tak :D
      Jeg sniger mig afsted lige om lidt, dun dun dun dun..

      Delete
  4. Ih Sandra... Det er jo så vanvittigt med dine billeder! Jeg har lyst til at printe dem allesammen og hænge dem op overalt i hytten! Nu har jeg fået et nyt yndlings (før var det det med konfetti fra Dronning Louises bro)... Dét med mågerne! Og det trods en ganske udtalt aversion mod måger...
    Søen ligner en marshmellow dyne og mågen i forgrunden ser evil as fuck ud...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvor er det dejligt at høre, bliver jo helt lykkelig. Mågerne har overtaget søerne fuldstændig, og de er ikke bange for nogen eller noget. Den var nemlig evil as fuck, den dér, og den havde mig på kornet hvis der var noget, det kunne man bare se. Hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Jeg håber du stirrede liiiige tilbage!

      Delete
    3. Har hørt at nogle fugle har en vild hukommelse, og kan rotte sig sammen og gøre livet svært for en, hvis man messer med dem. Tager ingen chancer, haha.

      Delete
  5. Hej Sandra! Hope you are surviving the cold! I also can't help but think of the swans... may they be well fed to keep them warm! Your post without words managed to say tons regardless of how many words you actually wrote :) Your generosity picture from this post is quite the find! It is an awesome detail. We're planning our trip to CPH this summer. I'll let you know the dates because I still think that it would be cool to meet you for a cofee- I promise that I am not some crazy internet kook! ;) Have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hej Celena,
      As long as you dress for it and keep your fingers in the gloves, it is bearable. There are only two swan couples left in the two lakes nearest to me, and I think they are hanging in. But they are up agains a lot of seagulls, this time they are outnumbered. It is crazy to think that there were almost 70 swans last year.

      Now we are told to worry about the smaller birds, 25 percent of them have already succumbed to the cold, and if it lasts for another month, that is expected to become 90 percent. Of the entire Danish small-bird population. I have been hanging out grease balls for them today (and I know others have too), I hope they find them before it is too late. Ah, there is always something. The winter drama here.

      A great weekend to you too. I look forward to having coffee with you come summer. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)