25 February 2012

Poster pimping

A week before the recently concluded Copenhagen Fashion Festival, I let out a sigh on Twitter:


When it comes to fashion, I am torn. I love it. I hate it. I love the creative and playful part, where new ideas are born, and the party is on. I cannot stand the part of Danish fashion that excludes people, the humorless, fear-ridden circus, run by a self appointed "fashion royalty", calling all the shots. It suffocates me. Every season it is the same show, in the same venues for the same people. Fashion is supposed to be about change. Where is the revolution?

Within minutes of my tweet, her coolness Tambourine Sam returned with a: "we could do our own thing?". Yes! Something. Anything. What could be done on short notice with what we had lying around? This is what we came up with:






Cover mom

Cover kid

Euroman

I doubt it anyone noticed, but it was never about that, throwing in a little humor was just liberating. Fashion should be fun.

And then, just the other day, I spotted this:

Poster pimping

Poster pimping is so the new black!


9 comments:

  1. urban graffitti, totes cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha cute pretty li'l mustaches for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just put up another one today, they make it so hard for me to stop, with the smug pouts all over the place.

      Delete
  3. The baby with the giant grin and Salvador Dali moustache is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he is one of my favorites too.

      Delete
  4. oh i totally love them! they make the posters happy, really, they smile in a different and more profound way. like they really feel deep in their fibers that "now we are something, now we make greater kind of sense, now we got streetcred!!!:)" keep it up if it makes you happy, it sure makes me smile:)
    kh muttilove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha muttilove, you really made me laugh with this one, thank you. :D

      Delete
    2. love this comment too, I couldn't agree more!

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)