26 April 2012

Not nothing

I have made a deal with myself to try and never be too busy to make an emergency stop for a surprise. It works if I calculate extra time, so instead of (a lifetime of-) cutting it razor close, I now make room for "nothing". Which it never is, of course. My latest unscheduled stop was this guy, working his drums on the corner of the bridge. Watch him closely, he has a few surprises for you...

Antler drumming

-like playing with antlers..

The balloon

-adding balloon sounds..

Power drill drummer

-and using a modified power drill, hahaha.

I don't even need to know the what/who/why? It made absolutely no sense in the most perfect way.

(UPDATE: a well informed reader tells us this is Kalles World Tour, offering a link to youtube)

And further up the road someone built a vinyl record birdhouse.

Vinyl record birdhouse

From a record of bird sounds!

UPDATE #2: Another reader informs me that the birdhouse is a piece of guerrilla advertising made by the previously celebrated birdhouse man Thomas Dambo Winther, for the band Dans & Lær (Dance & Learn) striving to teach us to recognize the sounds of the different birds. I have the best readers, period!

Bird sounds the A side

That is so not "nothing". You know?


15 comments:

  1. Trine GrueApril 26, 2012

    Det er Kalles World Tour. Han har smidt et lille klip på Youtube fra i lørdags :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC4QgGzsBe0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tak Trine, jeg har straks tilføjet linket.

      Delete
  2. fuglebandet hedder dans & lær - http://www.dansoglaer.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det er fantastisk, tak for link, jeg har straks lagt det op.

      Delete
  3. Super bands der begge to har spillet på Nakkefestival. Tror du ville være Nakke-typen.. Der er masser af gøgl og kærlighed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Numsenissen? Hahaha, åh hvor sjovt. Har ikke hørt om Nakkefestival'en før, den må jeg lige forske lidt i.

      Delete
  4. Hvis man har brugernavne mange steder og er træt af at altid hedde Linnea55524hestetis, så kan man jo bare hedde Numsenissen. Numsenissen er sjovt nok ALDRIG taget. (Jo, altså af mig.)
    Tjek Nakken ud. Der er rimeligt mange billeder på hjemmesiden og FB siden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det giver jo mening. Så tillykke med at have hamstret navnet før andre opdagede det, haha.

      Delete
  5. Oh that is excellent. Did you get to talk to the drummer ?
    Well, yes I'm back in Paris and it's raining...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I shot him from across the road. I wasn't quite sure what to make of him, haha. Maybe if I run into him again sometime I will walk over and say hi. :-)

      And the weather.. don't get me started, it is so cold and grey and rainy here, not like spring at all. Except the trees are leafy again, yay!

      Delete
  6. I try to follow the same principle, and always leave myself some extra time - if nothing else, it just means I can spend a few more minutes on my bike before heading in to work, right? And you're right, there's almost always something that's worth stopping for a few minutes, even if it's just to watch the sun rise over the mountain (here), or a nice reflection on the water. And I almost never arrive anywhere sweaty and out of breath (except in the summer, when the sweat is inevitable just from going outside).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a lot of sense if you get around by bike. With a car it is harder to make unscheduled stops, if you even spot the surprises. Speed is so overrated. :-)

      Delete
    2. Especially when your average speed driving through a city is almost the same as going by bike (especially at rush hour) - where is the benefit? The only benefit is being able to go REALLY fast once you leave the city, and therefore to live a long way from where you work. That doesn't sound appealing to me in any way whatsoever.

      Being on a bike also makes it so much easier to stop multiple places in one trip than, for instance, taking the bus. I can stop at the film lab, the grocery store, and then go home after work, all basically on the way, but it would take me hours of extra time if I were on the bus. I can also go photograph something I wanted to see, or buy my wife flowers, or many other things, easily, without worrying about traffic or parking.

      Speed is WAY over-rated :)

      Delete
  7. AnonymousMay 07, 2012

    hehe, cool :) i've seen him in my hometown last year (or the year before? i still don't remeber exact).
    he was an amazing event! countless children of all ages stood around him - and so many best ager :D

    eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine that children really get him. He is having so much fun, and on the youtube film he starts off the gig wearing a mask (I must have missed that part), cracking up as he attempts to remove it. So funny.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)