31 May 2012

A near miss

One of the first spots to fill up on summer days is The Kings Garden. If you live or work in the city, and you just want to enjoy an hour of sun, this is the perfect place. Copenhagen has a lot of parks and they are all different. What I like about the Kings Garden is the location of course, but also the neatness. If you want to play soccer and be rowdy, it is not really the place (go to Fælledparken instead). The mood is calmer here, even with the roaring traffic on the other side of the fence.

Last week it was summer (and now it is not), and I dragged my overheated body down to "my spot". Funny how you tend to go back to same place, huh? I know this particular area of the garden so well. Or so I thought.... because look what I have been missing all along:

The Kings Garden

Look hard.

Ekko

Hello!

Ekko (1888)

Ekko by Aksel Hansen, calling out since 1888. But it is only now that I hear her.

 

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic that you found her! If I have it right, the street in the background also has my favourite "skinny" house...
    Hope you enjoyed the sun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is the skinny house I think about (on Gothersgade?), I have my back turned to it on the first two pictures. Now that you mention it, I really have to do a post of skinny houses, they are so cool. :-)

      Delete
  2. this one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is supercool, this girl. I can't believe I didn't see her before.

      Delete
  3. You´ve only just noticed her?
    We´ve been friends for 20 years!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of these statues hidden around Copenhagen, I just know I have a lot more coming. Eyes peeled, as always.

      Delete
  4. Sejt. Ved første øjekast lignede hun dog en Cola-reklame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, sådan en cola reklame har jeg aldrig set. Men jeg har heller ikke noget tv, og kommer nærmest aldrig i biografen, så der er sikkert en masse jeg er gået lykkeligt glip af.

      Delete
  5. That is right- it is on Gothersgade. I would love to see what magic you will do with skinny houses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. A hidden treasure, I like that she is a part of the garden, and you have to look twice to notice her.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)