08 June 2012

Good fences

Good fences make for good neighbors. When it comes to my neighbor (a.k.a. the neighbor from hell) he is at his best when he is not having friends over on weeknights, for shouting matches and video game nights next to my bedroom, until the sun rises. You know? 

Untitled

Blød Lykke (soft happiness) at the kindergarten fence. 

Untitled

I think she (?) is on to something here, it seems wrong to cage children like animals. An effort should be made to communicate how it is to keep them safe and happy, and not just locked in. Even a layer of paint would make a difference.

Untitled

Blød Lykke believes in a wonderful spring and summer.

I wish I could be as optimistic..

So far this happens to be as close as we get to summer in Copenhagen. 

Untitled

Untitled

It is wet, cold and windy, almost fall like. I am not impressed.


5 comments:

  1. What a treat for the children to get some colour/nature on their fence! Love her work!
    On another note, we will be there next weekend. I'll email you my contact info when I get my Danish mobile number. Hope to catch up in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know where to find me, I look forward to saying hello! :-)

      Delete
  2. PS: Do you have any idea who Blød Lykke is? It would be awesome if it was a little grandma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. But then the mystery of it all is kind of cosy too.

      Delete
  3. Skøøønt blomsterhegn!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)