04 June 2012

Hello graffiti

What is this? I find myself gravitating towards what I have up until now only thought of as a uniform blur: graffiti. Not the senseless tagging you find on mailboxes and the old bridge, but the wild, elaborate and colorful pieces, lining the waterfront in an old industrial area of Copenhagen. I was invited along for a ride (never again shall I put off such an offer), and by the end of the day 400 shots in, both head and camera was spinning. There was so much and it is replaced so fast that I have to return. And one piece that is so long and so mad that the context can only be conveyed on film. It will have to be a drive by shooting, one hand on the handlebar, one eye on the viewfinder and full steam ahead.

Untitled

No, this is not it, but still good. And check the hexagonal floor pattern, oh.


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Serious peeling going on all over the place. I got lost in the rubble, mmmm the colors.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

If that doesn't make you feel alive? 

But nothing beats the stone face. 

Stone face

Stone face

Stone face

It's a love thing.



10 comments:

  1. "It's a love thing."

    Yes, indeed. Can't wait to see the video!!!

    I love that hexagon pattern on the ground, that's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I will be able to make it work, I only have my camera with a built in recorder. But that wall, let me tell you.. SO good.

      Delete
  2. love for colors, i agree, they are close to my heart to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brain nearly exploded with I got home, so much paint and so many colors to digest mmmmm.

      Delete
  3. Er vild med frøperspektivet på stenen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Den sten, jeg er simpelthen forelsket. Har lyst til at tage ud og ae den igen.

      Delete
  4. de er sgu dygtige de malere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gad godt at folde en magelig havestol op et par meter derfra på en solskinsdag, og se dem arbejde.

      Delete
  5. Jeg har lige fundet din blog. Har tilbragt et par vidunderlige timer med at se alt.
    Tak for det!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hvor er det dejligt at høre, tusinde tak. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)