09 July 2012

Rainbows

The proposal to allow gays to be married in the Danish church, was recently approved by a large majority of the parliament. Last time I brought it up, I received a toxic email from a freak demanding (!) that I delete anything and all relating to homosexuality, comparing it to pedophilia. I mean.. come on?

What is the big deal? Live and let live. Unless we are in a relationship, and as long as it is between consenting adults, I really don't care who you sleep with. It is none of my business. But I do care when people deny others basic human rights, based on their sexuality/gender/religion.

Gay couples can now legally get married in the Danish church

The Nørrebro church Stefanskirken, possibly the coolest church in Copenhagen.

And another rainbow, left on the empty lot of the Youth House.

Rainbow shopping cart

The rainbow shopping cart sculpture.

Untitled

Untitled

Hugs and rainbows for everybody!

♥ 

Link fest:
Stefanskirken (Danish)
Stefanskirkens Homopakke (The Stefan Church Homopackage) (Danish)


10 comments:

  1. Hørt! Helt ind i benet, giver jeg dig ret.

    Så fin indkøbsvogn, den gør glad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Årh, hvor godt Pille! Jeg bliver også helt lykkelig af indkøbsvognen. :-)

      Delete
  2. Ej, hvor vildt alligevel. Godt du bliver ved :-) regnbuer er fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, faktisk. Får heldigvis ikke så mange haters herinde, men dem der forsøger, bliver nakket, ha. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the shopping cart! Awesome!

    Don't you love that the internet just brings out the very best in people ;) Just keep on pressing delete!

    Hope the weather is behaving itself! Oh, by the way, my friend who lives near Bopa saw a blue Citroen with the "nej tak" atomic logo on the hood the other day (on his street). I told him to keep his eye out for it and take a pic. Hope he sees it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the logo on a hood sounds crazy cool, I will keep an eye out for it! I did find the Volkswagen van, but it was showered in sun, making it impossible to take a good picture. That smiling sun is a classic, it will always put a smile on my face. :-)

      (and yes: in here the haters get deleted, religiously so, ha)

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJuly 12, 2012

    Congratulations Denmark :-) Let love be thy guidance! Haters easily gets a loose stomack, and we know what then happens...
    <3 Karolin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just seems so odd to me that there are still people around who have issues with homosexuality. But then I was raised in a liberated part of the world, and that is a great privilege in itself. If you were not raised to recognise that being gay is normal, you may have to struggle to come to terms with it.

      We just have to keep calm and carry on, sooner or later they will get the message. :-)

      Delete
  5. Good job Denmark! In France the new government promised legal gay marriage for 2013 I think... talk about the country of the human rights! Also there is a real separation between state and church in France, maybe this is the only country that has it (not counting communist countries here) and a church wedding is not a legal one, only city hall marriages are recognized by the law. A few years ago, a mayor had been demoted for marrying 2 guys. as for the catholic church (our historic church), I don't think they are ready :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good job, and it is nice to feel proud of a law, for once. We are not big on religion here, so that removes a lot of tension that you are up against. Another reason why I shy away from religion: looking in from the outside, I only see how much trouble it brings. Religious wars, oppression and so on.

      I do feel bad for the demoted mayor. But I think one day he will be rewarded for showing the guts.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)