14 October 2012

Testing, testing, one, two, three

Testing, testing, one, two, three. The bunker show (part one, part two, part three) is on the road, let's see how this democratic process really works. If it works at all. The pessimists say: you wait and see, they will perform a mock hearing, pretend to care how the public feel, and then go ahead with the original plan. Demolish the bunkers, and wipe out the small bunker forest. Well, we'll see about that.

Friday was a really good day! The local council passed out questionnaires and soup, the hills were alive and the bunkers were opened up to the public for the occasion. And the trees were adopted. Lots of people move their lips when it comes to good intentions, but it is the ones who show up that counts, you know? I was blown away.

The Nile say: save the bunkers

Tarsiglov dressed up the Nile. I wonder if he might be the elusive Nile decorator?

And the crown jewel on the luckiest tree in the bunker forest, adopted by Tejn with a giant lock-on:

Tejn giant lock-on

Tejn lock-on

This one makes me so happy! One of the coolest pieces of street art I have ever seen out of Copenhagen.

My ancestors went hunting in these woods  
My ancestors went hunting in these woods. Tejn.

Tejn

Swing-bombing in the bunker forest

Swing-bombing by dads

Swing-bombing by dads. "That's what you get for inviting parents to contribute", they said. I'm not complaining (this shot is from the next day, in case you are wondering about the schizo sky, haha).

Even though I knew there were bunkers, I never thought of the hills as hollow. But there are giant concrete domes underneath. Cool and clammy spaces, kind of big yet slightly claustrophobic.

View from the bunker

Goodbye daylight...

Inside the bunker

A narrow hallway with a big dome on each side at the end of it. The possibilities for these spaces are endless, it is a pity to think that they are being demolished all over town. Where is the imagination? Where is the bunker love?

Night juices

Glow garland 
And to tie the perfect bow on the night, a reader stopped by to salute the hills with a small tune.



I love my readers, you are the best. And I am not just saying that.


14 comments:

  1. For sejt Sandra! Elsker, når du sætter skub i tingene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, tak, men sætter jeg skub i ting? Måske bunkerskub? Ja, nok. :D

      Delete
  2. Aw Sandra - a perfect post about a perfect night.

    <3 BunkerKærlighed <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect! I am smiling just thinking about it now. :-)

      Delete
  3. How awesome! The serenade was absolutely beautiful! Give one of those trees/statues a big hug from me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad you think so too, it was such a nice moment. And the guest starring police car passing midways, haha. I will hug a tree and stroke a statue for you. Maybe more people will adopt trees in the coming days, I have heard some maybe's going around. :-)

      Delete
  4. This is souch a cool idea! I so do enjoy passing the bunkerforest, almost always with children playing in the swings now. May there always be swings at this place! Thanks to you and the dads for choosing action instead of the cosy warm couch. A special, warm, some good, original flattering exprecion in english, to the tejn artist for just giving his fabulous art to the city. I cannot understand how this is possible. Thanks from Treelover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just stopped by to inspect the swing garden in the bunker forest, and they are all still there! I am so touched by these dads, and the impact they have had already. Now kids love the bunkers too, at a season where people don't hang out so much outdoors anymore. A stroke of genius, no less.

      And the Tejn contribution is fantastic. People are constantly stopping and taking pictures. What if these two corners become a permanent and ever changing exhibition space? That would be fantastic. :-)

      Delete
  5. Øv du, Høj. I´d said too much. Couldn´t get to your bunkers on Friday at all but my idea isn´t dead. Oh no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't too late. The whole area is taking on a life of its own now, and there are plenty of trees left to adopt. The facebookgroup has also started to grow in numbers, which is important if the council votes for the bunkers to go. Then we can make a "borgerindsigelse".

      I will look out for your trace. Do you feel the pressure yet? :D

      Delete
  6. Ornli syg street art lock on! Ser ud som om tromlen er bunden af en gammel 10 liters gasflaske. Hvordan har Tejn fået skåret sådan en over uden at springe i luften? Would be cool with a Bert-production in the area! Hope the council will let the beautifull, bumpy bunkerforest at Dronning Louises Bro survive! Copenhagen is most wonderfull without to much straight anonymity and noisy diggingmachines (is that the word?). Big ups, Sandra og K.H. Citi-Zen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej Citi-Zen,

    I vote for a Bert contribution in this area too. I just learned that the city also plans to cut down healthy old chestnut trees (and replace them with twigs, to justify it) to make asphalt along the bikepath by the lakes, "Søruten". For fucks sake?

    This whole area is under attack, and a lot of trees need protection, it seems. Dammit, stupid city planners. Killing trees for asphalt. Really?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra, trees are so essential to my well being, especially the old ones, and I guess i'm not the only one. I'm all with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We desperately need the trees in the cities, to clean our air and serve as a buffer. They are so important, and I just found out that the city now plans to remove a whole strip of old chestnut trees along the lakes to make an asphalt bikelane. Copenhagen is going in the wrong direction at the moment, ugh.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)