03 November 2012

Catch of the day

Crazy as it may sound, I sometimes forget that I live in a beautiful city. It is impossible to walk around and appreciate every inch of it every moment of your life. But in the back of my mind I know that it is out there, and once in a while I have to kick start myself and go hunting. Today's catch:

Untitled

I was circling this orgy for quite a while. It is right around the corner from me, but somehow I haven't really fully appreciated it before today.

Untitled

Something is making me think they had a lot more fun back in those days...

Untitled

The feet, haha, like one giant person in front, with a foot on each side.

And along the lakes, on the dirty side (where inhaling the heavy exhaustfumes makes your lungs hurt), someone mounted fancy birdhouses in the old trees.

Fancy bird house

This is my street, right behind the tree and lake. The first place that ever felt like home to me. I am superglued to this area, I bet you can tell by now.

Welcome to Denmark
Welcome to Denmark, birds.

And a cosy weekend to you.


8 comments:

  1. I lived in Copenhagen while on exchange this year (I'm from Toronto, Canada) - and the city changed my life. It really is the most beautiful, magical place. The people, the atmosphere, the lifestyle. I think about it every day. I want to move back there one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about the places I have lived. I think it also has to do with the experience, that you are starting fresh, and all the new things. That time in your life. Of course I have to agree, Copenhagen really is a beautiful place, despite the lack of daylight, the grumpy danes and the fact that everything is so expensive here.

      I hope you come back, and that it will be just as fantastic as you remember it. :-)

      (By the way: my dream destination is Toronto, I can't wait to go, funny huh?)

      Delete
  2. We spent 9 days in Copenhagen in Sept. It is a beautiful city! I love seeing it through your eyes!!! It is keeping my memories alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I am happy to keep your memories alive. :D

      Delete
  3. Også god weekend til dig!

    Og hvis du har hang til fuglehuse, så smut lige en tur ned af Vermundsgade, så vil jeg næsten love, at du finder noget, der vil gøre dig glad (jeg har indtil videre selv været for doven til at gå de 300 m derover med kameraet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, hvor er det typisk, sådan er jeg også selv, det tog mig næsten to uger at knipse sø-pølsen, den store hotdog der flyder rundt i søen, men nu er den også i skabet.

      Nu hvor du har plantet den tanke, bliver jeg jo nødt til at besigtige Vermundsgade. Tak for tip og weekend hygge.

      Delete
  4. Hei! :)
    Welcome to Denamrk, birds - I really like this photo ;)
    I spent only 2 days in CPH but I really liked this city. Generally I love Sweden, Norway and Denmark. I hope I will go for Erasmus in 2013 to Copenhagen. It could be nice to spend few months there. :)

    Hilsen fra Polen,
    Mateusz
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mateusz, I really hope you will too. It makes sense that it is the ones who actually like it here, that stay. If people lived in countries, they actually liked, and interacted with people they got along with, the world would be a much better place. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)