05 December 2012

After dark

This may be speaking too soon, but it seems like the darkness is not bothering me as much as expected. Maybe it is because I am no longer stuck doing something that sucks the energy out of me. That helps. Or maybe it is because Copenhagen is somehow still aglow after dark. For instance, the Museum of Copenhagen have placed their travelling show "Væggen" (the wall) an interactive monster screen, on the bridge corner, setting the night on fire.

Væggen
 
Væggen

Touch the screen to look up specific locations, and navigate in Copenhagen history. Pretty cool idea.

Untitled

They are blocking my old friends the statue of the Young People Sitting, and I am surprised how much I miss my daily greeting ritual. But I am trying to be an adult about it (how am I doing so far?). The wall is built inside a huge container, and right now the door is stuck.

Untitled

Word is they are working on it, and they are probably pretty desperate to have it fixed. Poor guys.

But when all else fails, we will always have this:

Goodnight

Our very own Vegas, the Irma strip.  Sometimes I love this city so much it hurts.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mmmmm et lækkert ord. Vinterskygger.

      Delete
  2. Maybe I am a bit strange but I love lights at night. Perhaps a bit of cosiness mixed with a drop of voyeurism ;) That wall seems so cool and Irma adverts..... well, you know how I feel about that chicken! YUM! Have a great weekend, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lights are the only thing making the dark bearable. And, the chicken is the other bird of the lakes, king of my Vegas. :D

      A super nice weekend for you too, Celena.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! The WALL was closed because we had a mechanical problem with the door of the container. It is open again now, every day from 8-22. Best regards, Sarah from the Museum of Copenhagen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thank you for the nice words. Yes, I have seen The Wall is up and running again. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)