04 February 2013

Bike spotting

In the absence of street art I have turned to bike spotting. Quite a few of them are little pieces of art left in the street, so maybe it is not such a big leap. Often it is just a detail that catches my eye.

Berlin bike light

The flashy light.

Bike box

Or the built-in box. 

Vintage details are my favorite, but hand painted action is good too.

Untitled
 
Untitled

Mañana, mañana.

Untitled

And sometimes, like today, you run into a bike that is just perfection, from texture to frame:

Untitled

Rusty by design, that flawed perfection again.

Untitled

Yellow rubber...

Untitled

...and wicker!?

Untitled

Bordering on kinky. 

Untitled

With wooden handles!

I rest my case.


2 comments:

  1. That bicycle headlight looks like something from the original Transformers, back in the 1980's :)

    That wicker seat cover is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juicy stuff, huh? I love geeking out about these things. :-)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)