04 April 2013

Rusty love

I'm just gonna go ahead and call this spring. Daylight is back, the lakes are slowly defrosting and street art is coming out of hibernation. Tejn has graced Copenhagen with another heavenly batch of rusty, recycled scrap iron lock on's.

Tejn lock-on street art sculpture

Tejn lock-on detail

The attention to detail really get to me, one visit is never enough.

Tejn lock on

A hammered tank.

Tejn lock on sculpture

Untitled

Untitled

Is it even possible to portray these creatures without talking to them in a soothing voice and give them a gentle pad on the back before you move on? I think not.

Untitled

If I had a gallery, this would be the show. I just want to climb up on a roof with a monster megaphone and alert people to this crazy goodness. Is this not the most generous thing you have ever seen?


Linkfest:
More Tejn on the blog here and here


8 comments:

  1. In total agreement it is a very generous and civic thing to do. I love the first piece. His rusty art works are perfect for Copenhagen´s streetscape.

    Fab blog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't pick just one, greedy me, haha. And thank you. :-)

      Delete
  2. I really like the concept, but the locks and chains somehow ruins the overall picture. Maybe it's just me, but I'd wish that every piece was created for that exact spot, and was secured in a less obtrusive way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that might just be you.. Ha.

      Delete
  3. I like the old, rusty chains as well. Think they contribute, with the raw, unpolished beauty, that can be hard to find in much indoor art. These sculptures got clemency AND big, hairy cojones and I totally agree with you, Sandra, its a generous gift to Copenhagen. Must have taken quite some time to ... weld? By the way: Bicycle locks are SO street! :-)
    ´Cherry CPH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting it into words, especially the big, hairy cojones part, haha!

      Yes, yes, yes to all of it. :-)

      Delete
  4. Jeg synes også de er så fede. Den på hjørnet af Nørrebrogade og Stengade er også helt vildt fed. Jeg har simpelthen ikke kunnet finde finde ud af, hvad det var, så tak for den information.

    Hvis du har, lyst kan du kigge forbi min blog, hvor jeg anmelder forskellige begivenheder i København

    Josephinerask.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. De er så fantastiske, og det bedste er at de får lov at stå så længe. Elsker dem.

      (København er en dejlig by at skrive om, man bliver aldrig færdig)

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)