18 June 2013

Copenhell

I was hoping my scatter-brain-syndrome would pass, but it looks like I am stuck in this mode for at least a little while longer. It doesn’t make for coherent blog-posts, but I’m thinking a little noise is better than none at all? On the subject of which I just experienced my first Copenhell, legendary Copenhagen metal festival. A few highlights of the line up: Alice In Chains, Amon Amarth, Cancer Bats, In Flames and what has to be the most intense concert experience of my life, by Down. ARRRRHHHHH, I still get goosebumps thinking about that performance. No cameras were allowed, except camera phones, so this was the best I could do:

Copenhell
 
Smoke ring

By every new band entering the stage, a ball of fire was shot off, turning into a ring of smoke, before evaporating to the sound of pure energy.

Copenhell 2013

I was really surprised how gentle and considerate the crowd were. There were none of that pushy cattle behavior you find at the mainstream festivals. Crowd surfing goes in the front:

Copenhell by vintage Nokia

The devil likes hard, energetic music, and he is as always in the details. 

Skull hut

A bite

(No doubt this will earn me another pissy mail from the crazy German woman hahaha)

Copenhell

The rookie (yours truly) vs. the pro:

Horn cup

Everywhere I go...

Cups

... I always take the weather with me.

Damage control

I may have overheard someone name this the best blowjob of the festival.

Eventually this scatter-brain thing will pass. Right?

 

7 comments:

  1. Another blogger who likes metal!? Amazing. Anyway, cool pics.

    And yes, the metal crowd is known for its kindness and respectfulness towards others, which, in my opinion, is in contrast to the typical crowd at e.g. Distortion (or most festivals/concerts I have been to, really).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loves metal. Loves. Haha.

      The really were the nicest people. No trace of that cliquey vibe, that you so often encounter at gatherings. Not that I expected it either.

      Delete
    2. I don't know about metal, but i was going to a lot of goth and of course punk concerts when i was younger, and they also were the nicest crowd. then, in alternative boho concerts, it was another story... never tried metal. glad you had a nice time!

      Delete
  2. ahh, i adore your blog! copenhagen is my second favourite city! (next to home, of course)
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this event from a friend of mine who is a Dane :D would love to go next time!
    P.s. I love your blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to go to Copenhell soooooo bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year! And prepare for rain, it is a stable. :D

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)