17 September 2013

Wonder full Copenhagen

How often do I see rainbows? Not often enough. Maybe once a year. But I always look for them, and when I finally see one, no matter how faint, I will stop everything and stand in awe.

Rainbow piece

As I was taking this picture, along with one other woman who had pulled over her bike, someone sneered at us: "seriously people, it’s only a rainbow, jeez". Mocking people for taking in a wonder of nature, has it really come to that? I did let her feel the lash of my tongue, in case you were wondering.

Mini rainbow close up

I really thought that was it, as in I couldn't possibly ask for more. It was raining and my camera was almost out of battery. I got home and looked out the window and BANG: double rainbows. Whaaaaat?

Double rainbows

Yes, I talk to my camera, I say: "please, please, please let me get this, hold on just a tiny bit longer", as I was hurrying down to see if I could catch the Ladytree with a nice hat. Look at that magnificent tree. I love it so much.

Ladytree with a nice hat

By the way, I have Ladytree news for you, maybe I will fill you in tomorrow, and just let the rainbows shine for today. Besides I owe you like a hundred posts, with something like a day apart, haha.

Copenhagen lamp w. rainbow backdrop

The Copenhagen Lamp, retiring version. 

There is no such thing as “only a rainbow”. Jeez.



8 comments:

  1. I too stood and stared at those marvelous rainbows for several minutes. They were hard to turn away from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so good that you caught them too. Imagine having missed them? Or worse, imagine being someone who don't see the big deal about them. That is the true definition of poverty.

      Delete
  2. I saw the sun and the rain outside my window, but no rainbow, although I suspected there would be one :-)
    Should have went outside to have a look!
    I'm happy you took pictures so I can see it after all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you missed it? I have apparently missed quite a few too, but nothing like this one. Next time you must run out and catch it, it disappeared so fast. Ruuuuun. :D

      Delete
  3. All I can say is "wow"! What a gift! I especially love the last photo with the CPH lamp... As usual, you make me homesick ;) xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I hope its the good kind of homesickness. It was fantastic, I still can't believe how magical it was. And everyone who caught it, saw it in a different way, over a different part of Copenhagen. One even spotted it from a plane! : )

      Delete
  4. oh yes we should always stop everything and take in the wonders of nature, there is nothing (well one should be safe) more important, especially not a few minutes missed on a meeting. they are so rare when you live in a city like Paris. good catch Sandra, i find myself often without a camera when i see a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is exactly why a big camera don't work for me, I need to be able to bring it with me always because you never know. As it turns out I should also bring an extra battery, haha.

      Mmm, I would love to see a rainbow over Paris.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)