11 October 2013

Nørrebro nuggets

In a way it feels like I am rediscovering my neighborhood. Touring it at random with my camera and discovering all kinds of things. Where did I go, to suddenly feel like I have returned? So strange. Nørrebro and I are jumping up and down, yelling at each other: where have you been? I missed you! Then we laugh, and agree never to part again.

Smil lidt mer / Smile a little more

Smil lidt mer / Smile a little more

Smil lidt mer / Smile a little more

Surveys keep naming us the happiest people in the world, but you would never guess it from the tight faces. What is up with that? We really need to smile more, and make eye contact once in a while.

Chestnut street art

Oh, this is good. I actually passed this one several times, before I gave in and satisfied my curiosity.

Little free library

It's a Little Free Library. A pop-up library, "take a book, return a book" concept born in the US. According to the site's own map, we have at least one more of these, in Denmark.

Little free library

Sharing and recycling is the future, and perhaps best of all: it involves trust in others. We know it as the glue.

Dansk Pilsner / Danish Beer

Technically this is not littering, you might even call it a present.

Ah, it is good to be back from wherever I went. I'm keeping a watch on Nørrebro...

You are being watched
...Nørrebro is looking out for me..

Obama is watching you!

...and Obama is watching you!


6 comments:

  1. I passed the Little Free Library and thought of you, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, when I see wooden installations in the street, I think of you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. missed you Sandra! indeed where have you been? I hope you did again something marvelous. I have been carrying a camera everywhere in Paris without taking a single photo, i guess these things arrive, I hope my minds open up to its beauty soon. And what came to us now is the cold, brrrrr, heating is on since yesterday. I feel like i am going to hibernate...
    I love the little library, and i love that nobody is watching it. it would never work in Paris, it would be destroyed, stolen or vandalized. too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I feel so guilty for the infrequent posting, time flies and I am doing a thousand things, of which I can't exactly remember one right now. The tree action takes up time, and the bikerepublic too, and just life you know.

      We will have to help each other through another dungeon, I know we can do it. Hugs : )

      Delete
  4. Nørrebro has to be one of the most under rated neighbourhoods in greater KBH! Love all the retro/vintage stores and they are still at pretty good prices. The free library is awesome! Some neighbourhoods here in Montreal started to reuse their old newspaper stands as free libraries- what a great initiative! Have a good rest of the week! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's a really good idea! I also heard something about old phone-booths being used for something similar? Anything with "re" in front, is good.

      Nørrebro is a cool place, but mostly residential. Maybe for that reason? We have a few hotels, but they are shady to say the least. Only option as a visitor, to stay on Nørrebro is Airbnb or having a friend with a spare room, who lives here. I still dream of having enough space to be able to offer that for my favorite readers. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)