25 November 2013

An icon a day

In the somewhat neglected Classic Copenhagen talent category, falls Emma Sivell. A Copenhagen based English illustrator, who first caught my eye with the Copenhagen skyline compilations. The clean and to the point graphics really hit me in all the right places.

 http://sivellink.dk/project/copenhagen-2/

Recently she launched the Icon a day project, with yummy daily slices of Copenhagen. Sometimes I wonder if a place is not seen more clearly, through the eyes of someone who didn’t grow up in the midst of it? I invited Emma to introduce herself:

I started illustrating Copenhagen about a year ago - my first piece was a cycle infographic featured on Copenhagenize. Then I moved on to buildings and Danish designed lamps… last Christmas I found myself taking my 8 year old son to Tivoli to photograph different design elements… I was definitely starting to display the kind of obsessive qualities necessary to run a blog, but didn't have the time. I was leaving my full-time secure job to go back to freelancing and needed to focus on that. A year on - I have a bit more time, but not masses. I wanted a project that would build, grow, change direction. I'm hoping that the Copenhagen, icon a day project, will be just that.

http://sivellink.dk/

This reminds me that I have to tell you about DØP, the organic hotdog vendor. Soon.

http://sivellink.dk/

A Tivoli lamp.

The Icon a day series launched on November 1st 2013, and are scheduled to go on for at least a year. I'm always exited when people make gutsy moves, and follow their dreams, only good can come from that. And I have a feeling that we are going to be hearing a lot more from Sivell Ink, in the future.

Links:

2 comments:

  1. So BEAUTIFUL illustrations, love that style. :-)
    Greetings, Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her style too, and I think she should be working with the likes of Visit Copenhagen and the City of Copenhagen. My fingers are crossed. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)