15 November 2013

Four more years

Today it is exactly four years ago Classic Copenhagen was born. I could call it a blog, but to me it is so much more. A lifeline, perhaps. A self discovery tool. Through writing about Copenhagen, I have grown to love it more than I even thought possible. About two years ago, something changed: I went from writing about Copenhagen, to getting actively involved, and now there is no undoing it. This is what I want to do: fight for my city. To preserve what needs to be preserved, improve what stands improving and better what needs to be fixed.

And as half of blogging is the interaction with you, and knowing that you are still around after all these years (some of you have been along for the ride, from the very beginning), I want to thank you. It feels like a joint effort, somehow. Is that weird?

So far, I have been thanking you by not whining about the evil dungeon. I am not sure how much longer I can hold it in, though. Most nights start at four in the afternoon, and mostly it goes straight from grey to black. But once in a while, we get this: sunset on the bunkers, and the beautiful old trees, you helped save.

November sky

Sunset 

Happy birthday, Classic Copenhagen.

I would like four more years, please!

 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Åååh, kan slet ikke lade være. Min elskede blog. København. Al den kærlighed. <3

      Delete
  2. Four more years, og meget mere kærlighed. Ja tak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I uhæmmede mængder. Er på sagen. : )

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to Classic Copenhagen. You have done a fine job here Sandra, to our greatest pleasure. To many many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic Copenhagen (er) til lykke<3
    kh Muttilove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mange tak Muttilove. Kommer til at smile hver gang jeg ser dit navn, haha. Good vibrations. : )

      Delete
  5. At LEAST 4 more years! You have become a part of my daily ritual. Thank you for all your dedication, great writing and fabulous pictures. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love rituals. And how nice to be part of yours. Big hugs your way, as always. : )

      Delete
    2. Stort tillykke! Keep them coming, yours is my favourite blog

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you Alan, that is so nice to hear. I promise to keep them coming. : )

      Delete
  6. Dear Sandra, you have opened my eyes to how we can actually be part of the city where we live in, and taught me how to love it even more. After 5 beautiful years in Copenhagen, at the end of the month I will move to Montpellier in the south of France (actually home of the Space Invader!). Through your posts I have discovered the beauty of street art, especially when it interacts with the city. Today I am in London and I was on a street art tour by someone who loves their city as much as you do, and I told them about you and how you made me discover the street artists of Copenhagen. You should definitely come to London, if you haven't been before - I've seen some pretty amazing things.

    All this to say: Happy birthday and please never stop caring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have no idea how happy you make me with these words. And, even though we don't know each other, I am still sorry that you are leaving Copenhagen. But you are escaping the dungeon and gaining access to food markets. And flea markets. : )

      It has been ages since I visited London, last time I did was with a very grumpy man, and that sort of ruined London for me. Isn't it funny how that works? But maybe it is time the slate is wiped clean.

      It seems like street art is vanishing from Copenhagen, I hope it will return eventually. I will never stop looking for it, and I promise you I will not stop caring. Thank you for the sweet words, and best of luck with your move. <3

      Delete
  7. there is no [like] button on the blog - so here - you are lovely! I love the city too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you found the button. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)