12 April 2014

A moment on the bike lane

Saturday early evening, laid-back atmosphere with plenty of room between cyclists. I am pushing my granny bike, finding myself habitually overtaking another cyclist, when I realise I have reached the perfect speed. I don’t want to slow down, I don’t want to ride faster, everything is perfect right there, but this man is right next to me, and now it is almost like we are in the same room. He looks over at me, and say: “it’s the perfect speed”. I agree with him, the breeze created by this perfect speed, is intoxicating. 

We ride silently, side by side in a sort of understanding, for one block, and then I tell him I am going to make a turn at the next corner. While we are cycling, he stretches out his hand to shake a hello-and-goodbye, say "it's been cosy" wish me a nice day and a happy Easter and continue in his perfect pace.

Cyclist shadow



6 comments:

  1. Beautiful moment... so nice to share it with someone who appreciates it as much as you :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaaa, it was so cool. I was smiling for hours after. Hugs back! : )

      Delete
  2. Ah, this made me smile. And miss Copenhagen. Thanks for sharing a lovely moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did the same for me. That kind of thing would never happen in a car, on the road. Think of all the good stuff they are missing in there.

      I'm happy I made you smile. : )

      Delete
  3. I love this story, because it is the greatest demonstration of an often unspoken, but very strong comradery between many cyclists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, there is a very strong connection between cyclists. Once you are on a bike, you are family. We notice and recognize each other's presence in a completely different way, than we would in cars or even as pedestrians. Magical, in a way.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)