09 May 2014

All it takes

Part of the (never ending) Copenhagen construction picture, are the big iron plates covering the ground, with holes for the attachment of hooks and cables. It is not often that I get excited about anything having to do with gutting my city, and leaving it exposed and messy, but by Assistens Cemetery I spotted a detail that made my whole day. Instead of the usual holes in the big iron plate, someone had taken the time and effort to cut out hearts. Hearts!? Oh!

I knelt to get closer, and the city seemed changed. From what was moments before an impersonal blur of cars, bikes, buses and people, everyone now played a part of the big picture. It was just a matter of waiting for the right moment. 


Once you get it you just know, and the feeling is like nothing else.


Sometimes all it takes is a heart.


6 comments:

  1. That is awesome <3

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. I wish I could find the one who did it, and thank him. Or her. : )

      Delete
  2. This is very sweet, and put a smile on my face too! I hope all is well your way. Big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so glad it did! Imagine the effort to cut in this material? I am really touched. And all is well, I just miss Paris terribly. Big hugs back at you Carole. : )

      Delete
  3. AnonymousMay 17, 2014

    Fact: putting a little heart in what you do makes a huge difference<3 hugs Muttilove

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)