19 May 2014

Baby steps

Lately I have been widening my comfort zone, taking my bike further out both east (on Østerbro) and north (in the Northwest Quarter). It’s the strangest feeling to be lost in your own city, making you feel almost like a foreigner. The only thing to do is just keep coming back, until it feels familiar. Like breaking in a wild horse.

So far, one of the best surprises in the Northwest Quarter has been the Dare2Mansion. I have yet to muster the balls to knock on the door and ask them what they are up to. Evidently Thomas Dambo (the birdhouse man to us), rules here. And the urban farmers of “Tagtomat” (Roof Tomato). But sometimes you are just in the mood to take your pictures and flee the scene, you know?

Birdhouses


Two trees


Houses on house with reflected house

Houses on a house with a reflection of a house. I call Jackpot, or something.

Pink unicorn

The Pink Pony. Instantly recognizable to me, from the video that went viral last year. Some idiot stole the creature, and they located him. It turns out pink ponies are not so easy to slip by your neighbors, these days.




Interacting fence

The interactive fence.

Interacting fence

Licorice good.

As I was taking my pictures, one of the neighbors, and old lady with a walker, made her way up to me, and started praising the art. She told me not to miss the indian. So sweet.

Geronimo

Geronimo!

Think of it as baby steps. Eventually I will make this part of the city mine too. Just give me time.


8 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 20, 2014

    Welcome to my hood, I especially love Nordvest Parken: http://www.dac.dk/da/dac-life/copenhagen-x-galleri/cases/nordvest-parken , it's really stunning around dusk.

    Cheers
    Lars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to realize that Nordvest is huge? I have only begun scratching the surface, haha. Thank you for the link (and the welcome), looking forward to visit Nordvest Parken.

      Delete
  2. Love your pics - they made me smile. It's good to see that so many people are using their creative skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, how nice! It is a crazy cool mansion, and I was pleasantly surprised that the old neighbor lady was totally on board. Rock 'n' roll granny. <3

      Delete
  3. Hahahaha! I love the video about catching the pony thief... in some strange way, it is so civilized ;) Go' weekend til dig, Sandra :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very civilized. The video went viral, even appeared on Huffington Post, so the guy stressed out about being recognized. The ultimate punishment.

      Go' weekend til dig også, Celana. : )

      Delete
  4. AnonymousMay 25, 2014

    Du har taget billederne i en lidt 'svær' trekant, der består af Ydre Nørrebro/Ydre Østerbro/Ydre NV, så helt NV er det absolut ikke. Dare2Mansions flotte trædimser ligger faktisk på Ydre Østerbro ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det er sandt, jeg har lige chekcet postnummeret: 2100. Det er en tricky trekant, uden klare skel. For mig er det alt sammen det vilde Nordwesten. Men jeg skal nok lære det. :D

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)