14 September 2014

Rye on wheels

Today I came across hit-the-brakes-goodness (about time too, I don't know what is up with the long breaks here, ugh). It was an elaborately decorated Volkswagen bus, or as we call it here: folkevognsrugbrød, which translates into Volkswagen Rye Bread. The sweetest bus ever made, if you ask me. A girl passed it with her mother, asking in awe "what is this?" Oh, it's just a car, said the adult. "No, it isn't. It's a circus wagon!". Children are superior to adults most of the time, have you noticed?

VW bus

VW bus
 
VW bus


VW bus


VW bus

Ass, gas or grass... nobody rides for free.

VW bus

This is not an abandoned vehicle.

It's a circus wagon.

VW bus



4 comments:

  1. So cute!! I like when people love their stuff, especially old stuff and they care about them and they don't throw them away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, caring for something, and mending it. Besides, they don't design cars like that anymore, back then you could actually tell them apart. I would love to grant these specimens free parking in the city. Unlike the ugly ones, they add charm.

      Delete
  2. This should be YOUR car! It is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want the hassle of owning a car. Sharing perhaps? But I would love to borrow it on a trip through Europe's flea markets. Fill it up with bargains and good food. Oh.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)