31 December 2014

It's a wrap

I wasn’t going to cover up the statue of the Young People Sitting, this time. They are in the epicenter of the biggest outdoor gathering on New Year's Eve at midnight, with bonfires and the occasional graffiti, mostly on the bridge itself (ugh!), but sometimes the statues are vandalized too. As the day progressed, I had second thoughts, and stopped by my friends on the bridge corner, to say hello. And I knew I had to act. But what to do? These guys are bigger than you think, wrapping them takes a certain quantity of... something.

My friends

Meanwhile, across the street on the other bridge corner, someone forgot to clean up after themselves, leaving behind a shitty, collapsed pavilion. I have been passing this garbage for the past week, cursing the offenders. Ugh. Or. Wait a minute....


(post-peeling, obviously, haha)

Tarpaulin.... cover... bingo! I peeled it off, and dragged it across the street, and within minutes, my friends were covered up, to the degree of being invisible.

Young People Sitting, Ninja Version

Young People Sitting, Ninja Edition.

If you only knew how happy I feel right now. This is definitely better than nothing. I’ll stop by and tie it up later. Fingers crossed that it works.

Not covering up my friends? What was I thinking? 

Happy new year to you all. See you in 2015.

Link fest:


12 comments:

  1. Happy new year, Sandra. Thank you for writing and photographing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane, it is my pleasure. : )

      And a Happy New Year to you too.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! You knew that if the slightest mark were to be found on this sculpture tomorrow morning, the guilt would be too much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, exactly! I would have to live with that. :D

      Delete
  3. One should always cover (for) one's friends.

    Lin
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true. We must protect what we love. : )

      Delete
  4. Glad to know that someone else's garbage actually had some use! Please let me know if they survived New Year's Eve! It is a tough night for statues ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped by around midnight, and the bridge was packed, and they were sitting quiet under the covers. Will check them again in a moment. (to be continued)

      Happy New Year to you too, Celena. : )

      Delete
  5. PS: Happy 2015 to you, Sandra! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm a bit worried about them as well. Did they survive the night unscathed?

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your question and realized I should make a proper update for everyone, so I have. : ) (they survived, but the rest of the area was not so lucky)

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year to you, Sandra! Lots of hugs, health and happiness!
    Glad you went with your gut feelings! The figures should be very happy to have you as their guardian angle! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)