05 January 2015

A fools game

It dawned on me today. Not at first, of course. At first, I spotted a whisper of pink in the sky, as the sun was about to set on the lakes. Watching the saturation increase, until it almost exploded. Whoa, I was wondering if people were even seeing this? What a terrible thing to miss!

Untitled

Pointing and shooting, fiddling with the settings, framing, watching the small screen...

Untitled

It was right there that it dawned on me: in my attempt to catch it, I just missed the whole thing. I felt like apologizing to the sky. This is what we look like, during a breathtaking display of beauty, our eyes fixed on the small screen in our hands.

Untitled

We are blind fools...

Untitled
...but at least we have the pretty pictures to prove it.

Ha.


11 comments:

  1. Oh yes, people saw it. They were jumping off their bikes in the middle of the bike lanes by the lakes - to take pictures with their smartphones. For Instagram, I guess. I hurt my leg, stepping hard on the break in order to avoid crashing into them :)
    The morning and the dawn was breathtaking too today
    It was sooo beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people stopped by the bridge too. It always makes me happy when people slow down, but I see how that can be a problem in rush hour traffic. : )

      Delete
  2. It truly was a beautiful sunrise, a shame I only saw it from my window ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel so guilty when I miss it, ha.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! You're right. In our efforts to capture the perfect moment, we actually let it pass without experiencing it. BUT! You shared it with all of us who weren't there to see it "live", so thank you for that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome. Actually, looking at the pictures takes me back. Engulfed in the pink light, watching the movement in the water by the birds. I didn't miss everything, after all. : )

      Delete
  4. "... in my attempt to catch it, I just missed the whole thing." But your sacrifice allowed all of your readers to experience it! Thanks!

    I especially like the last photo. The solid steel chain mirrors the fuzzy chain of lights in the background. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorites are the last two, it is nearly impossible to pick one over the other, but I am leaning towards the macro chain version too. : ) Today it has been raining non-stop, grey and meh, it is nice to look back at a beautiful sunset. I have revised my view on this: since frozen moments never die, they are not entirely missed.

      Delete
  5. I should have read the comment from copenhagentales.com before I posted mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)