02 February 2015

Bingo!

Back in 2012 we all had a good laugh about the stalker seagull by the rooftop apartment, around the corner. Remember that one? I had seen the big bird peeping through the window, and immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion. Because as it turns out, it is not a stalker, but a friend. Oh.

Now my eyes always seek out this spot, from the moment I turn the corner. When it is there (and it almost always is), it is like winning the seagull bingo. The reward is this odd reassuring feeling that the world is in order and everything is alright. And, for days when one just won't do, you get two. 

November 14th 2013

But only on special occasions. (November 2013)

November 14th 2013

Masters of the stare just know when you are looking at them. Six stories down you get it right back, along with a clear message: "can I help you?".

March 11th 2014

(March 2014)

And today's bingo, I love this game.

Today

Who is the stalker now? Hahaha. 

 

6 comments:

  1. Haha, winning the seagull bingo :) Brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And when it is not there, I worry that something is wrong. : )

      Delete
  2. Imagine if you lived there. Each time you glance out of the window there is the seagull stare coming the other way! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But it could easily be fixed, with a row of small spikes, like people use for pigeons. That is why I have come to the conclusion that it is a friendship. : )

      Delete
  3. Can you imagine living in that flat? Maybe they paid extra for the bird ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would totally creep me out, haha. But I think they are having fun, up there.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)