29 June 2015

Run and roll

The Copenhagen mural bonanza continues. Besides the wired eagle mural by Dal East, this one hit me hard. I followed the progress, while zigzagging between the other five murals, and when I returned for the final result, I let out a big yell. Holding those in, is bad for you. Conor Harrington gives you an idea of what graffiti would have looked like in the 18th century.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

I got there in time to see the groundwork. The artist was off to fetch 12 liters of bottled water. I was later to understand why.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Reference points. You can already tell, this is going to be good...

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Here is where the water comes in.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Run and roll.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen
 
Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

I get a secret kick out of shooting this with my small camera, while all the male photographers pull out their big.. equipment to compare. I know what kind of magic my beloved camera holds, you can keep your pointy hardware, guys.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Mural overlooking a parking lot, in Tullinsgade on Vesterbro. Some old guy had the audacity to question this use of public space. To my face. I detonated on the spot, pointing to the parked cars: "Look at all this ugly metal, taking up our public space? You should drop to you knees and thank this artist for the contribution!". It's okay, you can go ahead and call me crazy, yelling lady.

Conor Harrington mural, Copenhagen

Thank you, Mr. Harrington!

More Conor Harrington:  
Instagram @conorsaysboom

★ 

6 comments:

  1. I just went on a trip to Copenhagen last april, but seeing all this beautiful art makes me want to go again. Also, you make the most amazing photo's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you. : ) Copenhagen is nice in the summer. It arrives tomorrow and is announced to last for all of five days, haha. After that we are probably back to "fall".

      Delete
  2. That's a crazy piece. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Radiating energy. Wildest mural I have ever seen, live.

      Delete
  3. It's beautiful, and I agree, you are doing wonders with your camera. It is so much better to know your camera and use it well than to show off with big equipment, too heavy and complicated... I have rarely seen photos about street art as good as yours, i guess, loving your own camera and the art is a big plus!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really nice thing to say, Carole. <3 For me street art is pure energy, and when it is good, I charge like a drained battery it its presence. It is so gratifying to catch it and hopefully pass some of the magic on.

      You really made me happy with that comment. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)