20 December 2015

I salute thee

This week, my scarf escaped both my bike basket and my attention, and behind me I heard “lady, lady!” (in English). A man came running after me with my precious scarf. So sweet. The next day, as I was taking a really shitty picture with my backup camera (yes, my camera died on me, hence the lacking updates), my bike fell over. A man stopped to help me. A foreigner, as well. Today, I was at the flea market with my Italian friend, and when I got home with all the horribly heavy stuff, my downstairs neighbors, the sweetest couple from Poland, carried it up to my door. Like they have the last three times.

It was then I fully realised how I would not want to live in a city, or even a country, with no foreigners. They just make everything better. 



3 comments:

  1. I love this post. Thank you. It brightened my day (as an American living in Denmark, and as a person). TAK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, hvor hyggeligt! I am so glad that you read it. : )

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)