18 April 2016

A magic moment

This is my street. I take this road almost every day, and usually my eyes wander to the big old trees on the Sølund grounds. I keep telling the big beech and the Ladytree, that they are home free. And to brace for major disturbance in a couple of years, when three blocks of buildings are to be demolished.

But today something else caught my eye. Down the street a crow was walking alongside an old woman with a walker, keeping her company.  


(Side note: Row of cars to the right, used to be a sidewalk. Parking trumps pedestrians. Ugh.)


Halfway down the street, the bird was signalling for a stop, by wandering a little ahead, and giving the stare. 


The old lady obeyed, and pulled out a bag of bird snack. 


Crows are so incredibly clever.


 After dining, the bird and the old lady exchanged looks, and it took off. 

I approached to ask what this was about? "Oh, I have two pairs of crows who follow me around," she said. "It is important to be in contact with animal life, even when we live in the city." 

What a magic moment.  



9 comments:

  1. Fantastisk- sikke en fin historie! Det er ikke noget, man ser hver dag. Jeg vil også have en krage eller to til at følge mig omkring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh ja, det var så fint. Har tænkt over hvordan jeg ville reagere, hvis jeg blev fulgt af fugle, og jeg er ikke helt sikker på at jeg ikke ville stresse lidt... :D

      Delete
  2. Really poetic!
    (and a side comment: I've been in Copenhagen for the past two weekends, I'm seriously falling in love for this city)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not even at its most inviting at the moment, with the evil weather, so it must be love. I hope you stick around. : )

      Delete
  3. What a great story! You seem to be very lucky to capture such moments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel very lucky for noticing. But at the same time I wonder, if these magic little stories are happening all over the place, but we forget to notice? It doesn't exactly help that everyone constantly have their eyes on a small glass screen...

      Delete
    2. You have a good point! Maybe even just the rushing keeps us from seeing :( xox to you!

      Delete
  4. holla there, i love your picture! you're so lucky, had a chance to picture that moment :) have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. : ) I do feel very lucky. A nice day to you too.

      Delete

I love comments! Go ahead, make my day. :-)